Neighbor Pts & Tiers
A shire is your hyper-local circle within a 5-minute walk!Shire is the new face of 21st-century urban neighborhoods that are community-driven, and grassroots, where people belong and unite under OneRoof.
We believe in hyper-local connections, so bounded a ‘neighborhood’ to be within a 5 min walk to your address, to connect you with your most relevant and convenient neighbors
No, they will not be able to see your building address; they will only be able to view your profile.
Super Neighbors are part of an exclusive community-building ambassador program at OneRoof. Want to apply? Find out more here: https://www.oneroofapp.com/super-neighbors/university
You can find your building code here. If you heard about OneRoof through in-building posters or other physical collateral, you can find your 6-digit building code on those.
If you’re not sure whether your building signed up or not to OneRoof, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help you find the code, or setup a OneRoof community in your building!
Yes! OneRoof is designed to be a peaceful, respectful, and inclusive environment. Below are some of the community rules.
- Only for people who live in the building
- Inclusive of all races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, and gender identities
- No hate speech, aggressive or harassing comments
- Attempt to solve issues with specific tenants on your own or with management first
- Respect privacy, don’t share group posts with non-tenants without permission
- No promotion of self interests allowed
Please see our full list of community rules and guidelines here.
When you encounter any message that you believe includes harmful, ill-intended, harassing, or illegal content, please flag it right away! You can flag a message by long tapping on the message bubble and selecting "Flag Message". Any flagged message will be sent to OneRoof's content moderation team for their review. As a result of the review, the flagged message could be removed from the chat, and the user who has posted it could also be temporarily or permanently banned from using the app. This process is further described in OneRoof's Terms & Conditions.
1. On the main chat room page, you will see an emoji of a person with a + in the top right corner. Click that, and a pop-up will appear where you can locate your building code, personal invite link, and personal QR code. If you want to collect points for inviting others, please only use your personal 'invite link' or 'QR code'.
2. If you want to refer a neighbor who doesn't live in your building, please share our email email@example.com, with them to setup a OneRoof community in their building.
1. Each building has a unique 6-digit code. To refer a neighbor who lives in your building, tell your neighbor to download the OneRoof app (Apple Store link here and Google Play link here), and share your building code with them.
2. Under the neighbor directory, you will see a neighbor emoji with a + sign over it in the bottom right corner. Click on it and find more ways, such as a personal QR code and invite link, to invite neighbors.
3. If you want to refer a neighbor who doesn't live in your building, please share our email firstname.lastname@example.org with them to setup a OneRoof community in their building.
No. OneRoof is for neighbors only.
You can check if there is a OneRoof Community in your new building and join it!
If you are having issues uploading photos, please check the following depending on your device.
1. Go to your phone settings
2. Click on Privacy and Security
3. Click on Photos
4. Click on ‘OneRoof’
5. Click on ‘All Photos’ to allow permission for OneRoof to access your photo library and allow you to post.
1. On your phone, open the Settings app.Tap Apps.Tap OneRoof. If you can't find it, tap See all apps.
4. Tap Permissions.If you allowed or denied any permissions for the app, you’d find them here.To change a permission setting, tap it, then choose Allow or Don't allow.
Please email us at email@example.com
1. Please flag the message you would like to report, or
2. Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and a brief description of why you reported that user.
No need, We are an app for neighbors by neighbors only.
Ways on how to invite neighbors to join the app:
* Share your personal link
* Request Door hangers or posters
Email email@example.com to see if you qualify. Only pre-approved events will receive reimbursement.
- Open the app and open chat room sections by clicking the icon located at the bottom left of the page
- Then click on any chat room that the person also participates in
- Click on the name of the chat room
- Here you can see the list of people
- Click the three dots located besides the name of the person you want to block
- Here you can click the block option and block that person
We encourage all neighbors to fill out their profiles so that other neighbors can learn more about you and feel comfortable connecting. Your apartment # and email remain private and are just required to verify your account.
OneRoof building chat groups are currently only available through the phone app.
Neighbor Pts & Tiers
OneRoof’s new point-based system recognizes and rewards neighbors who engage in positive interactions, lead productive conversations, organize real life gatherings, invite more members, and add value to their neighbor community.
You will earn Neighbor Points based on your participation, contribution, and engagement in your neighbor community. You can see your total Neighbor Points on your profile page in OneRoof. You will reach a Tier by collecting enough Neighbor Points required to unlock that Tier. You can also see on your profile page how many Neighbor Points you are away from unlocking the next Tier!
Neighbor Points will appear on your profile within 24-48 hours. For example, if you invited a neighbor to join your OneRoof community using the in-app invite link, the Neighbor Points for inviting a new member will appear on your profile within 24-48 hours after your invitee joins. There is one exception- Neighbor Points that you collect for creating an event (through the Events feature) will only appear after the event is complete and if you had a min of 1 RSVP.
If your Neighbor Points still do not appear after 48 hours or after you host your event with at least 1 RSVP, please quit and re-open the app. I
f you think some points are still missing, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Yes if you move your account directly on the app! If you’re moving into a new building, go to Settings (in OneRoof app) and scroll to ‘Join new community’. You can move your account to your new neighbor community from there. Once you move your account, your Neighbors Points and Tier will directly transfer as well!
Important: If you sign up again using another email, we are NOT able to transfer your old Neighbor Points and Tier to your new account.
You may have lost points if you deleted your account, created a new account using a different email, deleted your event before it occurred, or had content posted removed due to community guidelines.
If you believe there was a mistake please email email@example.com
No, they are yours forever!
As a contributor of your neighbor community, you earn Neighbor Points when you start or participate in conversations, invite new neighbors to join (via app), welcome new members by waving, create an IRL event, engage with neighbors and more. Neighbor Points that you collect lead to you moving up Tiers the unlock special badges and rewards. Your badges and Tier will be visible to other neighbors so you can get wider acknowledgement! If the Tier you unlocked has special rewards, you will be alerted via email, so please make sure that you are subscribed and that the emails don't end up in your spam folder.
To determine how many points you have accumulated to redeem, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will build this into the platform shortly to provide a more seamless experience.
At the moment, rewards are exclusively available to OneRoof neighbors who reside in the United States and are adhering to our Community Guidelines. If we discover that you have violated these guidelines, we reserve the right to decline your request for redemption.
OneRoof U.S. neighbors can participate and redeem points.Businesses and field ambassadors are not eligible to participate or redeem points.